How Do I Keyboard MENU and Character selc like StreetFighte

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • First Hello everyone a new Player has come to Construct

Im newbie . And i need how to make a Menu only using the keyboard, disable the mouse and make a character or pj selector like arcade fight games you know what i mean. Sorry if my english is bad . I need help :C

Cya!

• Which part of the creation of this menu do you have problems with?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have no idea how to start this menu without a mouse.. is a little strange

I need a varible or what..??

need a little help

• Which part of the creation of this menu do you have problems with?

I have no idea how to start this menu without a mouse.. is a little strange

I need a varible or what..??

need a little help

• Well I'm not sure what the issue is..

You probably want to select a sprite first and on enter key have the actions performed..

So adding a boolean instance variable selected would be a simple option..

If you use instances of the same object you could give them a second variable in text form to describe the function of that instance.

Deselect all sprites on key pressed and select only the one you "move" to..

on enter key pressed perfrm the actions referenced by the function of that instance object..

• Well I'm not sure what the issue is..

You probably want to select a sprite first and on enter key have the actions performed..

So adding a boolean instance variable selected would be a simple option..

If you use instances of the same object you could give them a second variable in text form to describe the function of that instance.

Deselect all sprites on key pressed and select only the one you "move" to..

on enter key pressed perfrm the actions referenced by the function of that instance object..

I really appreciate your fast answer but i need serious capx .. For example.

1 player 2player Exit

"the text is yellow" when I press right arro go to 2player and that text turn red or when I press left arrow .. same.. turn red. and when I press enter go to player selector... But i dunno how to do this :C

• I'm sorry, my mistake..

I thought you might want to know the logic behind what you are trying to do and try and create it yourself..

• I'm sorry, my mistake..

I thought you might want to know the logic behind what you are trying to do and try and create it yourself..

its difficult if Construct 2 only have English language thats why I ask for help

• still need help :C

• :C anyone there?

• This can be useful ty !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)