How do I keep track with what 'sprite' a user is working

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hello,

For a little flower game i am working on i have got 5 flower pots wich al have an instance variable called PotID wich is a unique id for the pots.

How can i keep track on wich pot a player is planting, harvesting and things like that best without bugs?

Now when a player harvets pot 1 every pot is harvested..

And i dont want to make al the events fot every pot, for every seed, for everything.

That would 100's of events, thats to big for a little game..

I tried using family's for pots and seeds, but also then every thing is messed up..

Would love to hear some idea's on how to do this!

Thank you already!

• You have to Pick the appropriate item. If you choose PotID 1 to work on, store that, and always Pick that one first, before doing anything else. Hard to give concrete advice without seeing exactly what you are doing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have to Pick the appropriate item. If you choose PotID 1 to work on, store that, and always Pick that one first, before doing anything else. Hard to give concrete advice without seeing exactly what you are doing.

I'm sorry i always use this forum on my phone, so i cant send a screen or capx for now.

So the best thing is to always keep track what i am doing by storing the id in an global variable? That sounds logic to me, and i will try it tomorrow.

Thank you for your reaction!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)