How do I keep my game info on update android app

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I have a simple game and i want to know how can i save the user data even when the app is being updated.

I was testing that functionality and i completed 4 level but when i upload a new version of the game the level info is gone.

Any help?

• I have a simple game and i want to know how can i save the user data even when the app is being updated.

I was testing that functionality and i completed 4 level but when i upload a new version of the game the level info is gone.

Any help?

Usually the data shouldn't be deleted if you just updated the app without uninstalling it. There must be a reason it. For example, you might have changed the key name of the data or you must have changed the event of what it scans the data for. Or (Unlikely) you must have made an event to clear localstorage data.

Btw. I always update my android app and data is still there. You should try to check the changes you made in the update..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:32qco5qo]Usually the data shouldn't be deleted if you just updated the app without uninstalling it. There must be a reason it. For example, you might have changed the key name of the data or you must have changed the event of what it scans the data for. Or (Unlikely) you must have made an event to clear localstorage data.

Btw. I always update my android app and data is still there. You should try to check the changes you made in the update..

Ok then what i will do is wait for my another update. i think can be that i first have the app installed but using the apk and the first time installed from the store clean my data... i will check if using only the store my data persist.Thanks for your reply

• Confirmed. Everthing is ok.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)