How do I Is this how javascript work.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • From what I can tell, you can't do any programing in construck 2. The only way you can do any programing it to make a Plugin. Is that right.

I frond a program called blue J, can I use that with construck 2?

Thank you

renny

• I've never written a plugin for Construct 2, but I believe it needs to be written in Javascript.

BlueJ is Java, so I'm going to say that it's not possible to use it with Construct 2.

• Depending on your needs, you can use the Browser object to execute some javascript.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • First, is there a specific feature you have not been able to duplicate in Constructs event system? The only reason to create a plugin is because there is something you want to do that the events can't or, to create an enhanced version of a given behavior. If you are having trouble getting something to work, you may get help from the forums here to solve it.

Second, BlueJ is primarily a Java dev learning tool, not Javascript. Those are not the same thing although they may sound like it.

Third, when you create your event/actions you are basically programming with an image based language so, you really can't say making a plugin is the only way to program.

Forth, if you do need to write a plugin, the environment in which you write it does not really affect how it interacts with Construct. You could write it in a full Javascript development environment, or just in a basic text editor like notepad and the script will work the same in the end. There doesn't need to be any compatibility between the software you write it in and Construct as long as the script you write follows Constructs format and implements its framework.

Just a little background, I currently work as a software developer using Java for server side code and Javascript for the client side. I have used Construct for more than 3 years. In all that time, I have not found a reason to write my own plugin and I have even found many current plugins others have created to be completely unnecessary. The event system is more than powerful enough to handle most things you want to do.

• thank you all

renny

• First, is there a specific feature you have not been able to duplicate in Constructs event system? The only reason to create a plugin is because there is something you want to do that the events can't or, to create an enhanced version of a given behavior. If you are having trouble getting something to work, you may get help from the forums here to solve it.

Second, BlueJ is primarily a Java dev learning tool, not Javascript. Those are not the same thing although they may sound like it.

Third, when you create your event/actions you are basically programming with an image based language so, you really can't say making a plugin is the only way to program.

Forth, if you do need to write a plugin, the environment in which you write it does not really affect how it interacts with Construct. You could write it in a full Javascript development environment, or just in a basic text editor like notepad and the script will work the same in the end. There doesn't need to be any compatibility between the software you write it in and Construct as long as the script you write follows Constructs format and implements its framework.

Just a little background, I currently work as a software developer using Java for server side code and Javascript for the client side. I have used Construct for more than 3 years. In all that time, I have not found a reason to write my own plugin and I have even found many current plugins others have created to be completely unnecessary. The event system is more than powerful enough to handle most things you want to do.

May i ask you, how do you prefer organize your work if you must get LSB app (Tizen or ANDROID)

through C2 ( or another way).

"Many current plugins others " Google Map or OSM are not work (all - i don't know why - may be problem in export from C2) and on another side you have work ( emulator) app framework and google map api in xdk.

?

• shukra

I am not exactly sure what your question is, nor do I think I would be the best to answer it. I have never tried to make use of the features you referenced (Google Maps, etc...) in Construct 2. My comment was simply that here are quite a few plugins that have been created where the same result is very easy to duplicate in the Construct 2 event system. It's not meant to say that using plugins is a bad thing. Just that it is best to see if there is a way to achieve your desired result using events before trying to build a new plugin.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)