How do I input WASD controls in a platform behavior

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I've tried many things, but the player doesn't move. The action runs, it's setted mirrored and not mirrored, but the character movement doesnt work

Any suggestion?

• That's pretty basic,

Add an event:

on A key is down, player simulate platform pressing left.

• Yes, that's pretty basic and Ive already tried this way, obviously. Unfortunately, the character do not move. Somehow he get stuck.

Like I said, the action runs, he flip to both sides, but doesn't move.

• It'd be a lot easier figure it out if you could post a screenshot of your events or better yet upload a capx we can look at. Not much we can do otherwise.

• It'd be a lot easier figure it out if you could post a screenshot of your events or better yet upload a capx we can look at. Not much we can do otherwise.

Sure, here it is.

obs: Only the Jump works.

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, you'll want to change "on A pressed" and "on D pressed" to "key is down" events. The platform behavior's left and right movement only triggers as long as it has a continuous signal.

• lol, that's all?

And why works like that? that's weird.

Well, thank you very much!

• lol, that's all?

And why works like that? that's weird.

Well, thank you very much!

On key pressed is only true at the moment you pressed the key (the next tick it'll be false even if you didn't released it)

Key is down however is true when the key is down (I mean if you maintain the key it'll stay true, but will be false when the key is not down), the left and right movement on the platform behavior needs to be continiusly applied when you want it to move (since there is no "Stop walking" command, the fact it isn't going left means it stops going to the left for exemple)

Kind of ankward to explain, I hope you understood.

• Yes, I understand. That's why there's no need to keep pressing the key to jump.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)