How do I Input a number and then calculate

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi,

I make power kites, I am want to make a small program to help me design NASA para wing kites.

What I need to know is how to input a numbers witch will be the height of the kite. From that number I can calculate all the stuff I need to know. I will use the input number in about 40 calculations. I got a textbox that I can

input the numbers. I have a var that is set to 0. How do I set this var to the number that is in the textbox?

Let say the input number is 30 I want the var to go from 0 to 30. Then I want to use that var(30) calculate many

things. So have calculation #1,calculation #2,calculation #3 and so on. how do I do that?

I know that is a lot.

thank you

renny

EDIT:

Sorry, one more thing, I need all the product of the calculations to print out on the screen. Each one will have it's

own X,Y position.

thanks

• you can make a Slider and make the range go from 0-30

then use that in your calculation: SliderBar.Value * whatever you want.

or use a TextBox like: int(TextBox.Text) + 5 or whatever your calculation is.

• Perhaps you are looking for the System.SetValue Action? By assigning the value of a slider or textbox to a variable, you can use it even after the textbox/slider is gone. I hope this is what you wanted.

• you could do it like this

• Great, that give me alot to think about. A slider may be the way to go. I did not think of that.

Lordshiva1948 that was a very good example I will let you all know what i did.

Thank you all

renny

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • One thing I need to change, I don't under stand the text box stuff yet. As I slide the bar I need the numbers to be displayed as the bar is being used. That way I can stop at the number I want. How would you make the numbers show on the screen as you are sliding the bar?

Thank You Renny.

• How would you make the numbers show on the screen as you are sliding the bar?

Event

Slider Bar...Compare value...not equal to..int(Text.Text)

Action

Text...set text to..Slider.Bar.Value

• Here is what I got when I try your code.

I must be putting in the wrong way see photo

what am I doing wrong?

thank you

renny

• Text is default name for text object..if you rename text object from Text to Something.....

Action is

int(Something.Text)

• Ok, I am going line by line and learning this so I don't have to get help on this again.

will get back to you.

renny

• sadsack don't worry we are here to help

• sadsack just change one like this and you be fine

• I getting a grip on this text business. I want to say thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted on how the kite design program is doing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)