How do I Increase speed of an object over time?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey Devs,

I am curious on how you would increase bullets speed if score is = 5?

ex: if score = 5 then increase bullet speed to 500

Not only am I curious as to that but how would I increase the bullet speed for every +5 scored?

ex: for every 5 score increase bullet speed by 100

I know the basics but when it comes to continuously increasing by increments I get super lost.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

• For the first question it's pretty simple, just add a condition to check for when the score is 5 then add an action to set the bullet speed to 500.

For adding 100 to the speed every 5 seconds you could make an every tick event with an action to set the speed with the expression:

int(score/5)*100+initial_speed

Where initial_speed is whatever the bullet speed started at, or rather what speed you want it to start at.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For the first question it's pretty simple, just add a condition to check for when the score is 5 then add an action to set the bullet speed to 500.

For adding 100 to the speed every 5 seconds you could make an every tick event with an action to set the speed with the expression:

int(score/5)*100+initial_speed

Where initial_speed is whatever the bullet speed started at, or rather what speed you want it to start at.

That worked and it helped me with a few more of my other questions....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)