How do I import a "built" project

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hello there, I'm completely new to Construct2, but experienced in javascript and html5 development and game development in general - just in Unity as of late. Anyways, a client approached me with a "halfdone" project in order for me to finish it, but he only seems to have the "build output", meaning the game itself is operational and the source code is there, but I do not and seemingly cannot get my hands on the construct2 project that created this game. Is there any way to "reconstruct" the project with this output? I of course do not expect to magically get my hands on PSD files that created the graphics, but it would be very nice not to have to work on a 768 kb single source file named "c2runtime.js" where I have to sort through the parts that belong to the engine and those that belong to the actual game by hand.

I am well aware that the most probable response is "you can't", but I thought that it can't hurt to ask. Thank you for your help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Getting a capx/caproj out of the exported jacascript is not possible..

Offcourse javascript is javascript and all that is needed for the program is in the exported file..

As I understand even non-minified exports are made in a way to make reverse engeneering hard..

BTW: I don't think any develloper would be happy if it were possible, so I'm really surprised an experienced one like you say you are would even want this..

• Hello there, I'm completely new to Construct2, but experienced in javascript and html5 development and game development in general - just in Unity as of late. Anyways, a client approached me with a "halfdone" project in order for me to finish it, but he only seems to have the "build output", meaning the game itself is operational and the source code is there, but I do not and seemingly cannot get my hands on the construct2 project that created this game. Is there any way to "reconstruct" the project with this output? I of course do not expect to magically get my hands on PSD files that created the graphics, but it would be very nice not to have to work on a 768 kb single source file named "c2runtime.js" where I have to sort through the parts that belong to the engine and those that belong to the actual game by hand.

I am well aware that the most probable response is "you can't", but I thought that it can't hurt to ask. Thank you for your help!

I would be suspicious of anyone that only had access to the "c2runtime.js" and not the pre-exported project, as that file can easily be ripped from the webpage.

This would generally be the case if you haven't also received the accompanying exported files.

Did you receive all of the exported files? If so, then at least you will have access to all the graphics, audio etc.

• It isn't by choice that I want such reverse engineering. The client received the exported files, unminified, and the game is in a "more or less 80% done" state. According to the client, the original developer all but vanished on him and didn't deliver in time, and hopes are low that he will, especially since this is a classic conflict situation where both parties feel in the right for whatever reason, but my client is additionally under pressure from HIS client that has set a tight very last deadline to deliver. Whatever the reason for it, I'll just have to work with what I got, thank you for your help!

• I'm guessing your client delivered the graphics, so at least that won't be an issue..

I mean, offcourse you could get them from the export also, but originals are always better..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)