How do I images on compiled project without sheets

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • A 3D shader only works with unique texture images. So if i want do a texture animation to show correctly in the 3D shader, when i export the game the textures needs to be "Sprite_frame1.png, Sprire_frame2.png...." or whatever, instead of "Sprite-sheet0.png"

I know this will make the project a bit more large but only will be for some sprites with animations.

Is possible? How?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A 3D shader only works with unique texture images.

That's not true - you just need to set the UV co-ordinates. It works the same as it does in 2D.

• Ashley Then i guess i understood something wrong , i'm using the 3D shader by Gigatron (this one: ) that uses one texture to map 6 faces of the cube.

Uses this method because if i remember well gigatron told me due to some limits on GLshader only is possible one texture for a quad but maybe i messing with all this.

The 3D shader on C2 runtime works perfect with animations, but after compile and export in one sheets comes the problems.

But if this is true , Gigatron can you set the UV co-ordinates on the shader to allow animations?

• matriax

Can you please send a .capx example ?

Ashley

[quote:h1qf8bni]That's not true - you just need to set the UV co-ordinates. It works the same as it does in 2D.

Can you tell me how ?

I am sure if animated sprites are saved in one big images .. the shader lost UV coordinate .. sure;

If they are saved with separate file .. the fx working .

• matriax

Can you please send a .capx example ?

Ashley

[quote:1zrkhlps]That's not true - you just need to set the UV co-ordinates. It works the same as it does in 2D.

Can you tell me how ?

I am sure if animated sprites are saved in one big images .. the shader lost UV coordinate .. sure;

If they are saved with separate file .. the fx working .

Ashley Can you check this to see if is possible or not?

In case is not possible, can you add an option in the sprite plugin to allow/avoid the Spritesheet when we want?

• The runtime provides the UV co-ordinates for the sprite sheets. That's how sprites draw the correct content.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)