How do I hide mouse when over text box

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • So working on a small chat box and I cannot for the life of my figure out how to hide the mouse when over a text box, since I use a custom cursor it looks really ... Well odd.. it's the same for the scroll bar.

I have been working on trying to find a way to simply remove the scroll bar and to not display the regular mouse cursor when over a textbox but it might be beyond me lol, any help would be greatly appreciated :3

• Set CSS style "cursor" to "none" will remove the system cursor when it is over the text box. To remove the scroll bar, set "Type" to "Text" in the c2 object properties.

• Set CSS style "cursor" to "none" will remove the system cursor when it is over the text box. To remove the scroll bar, set "Type" to "Text" in the c2 object properties.

Thanks for the reply, the "setCSS" worked for my cursor other than the textbox is still above the cursor which is strange since the I have the mouse on a layer above the Textbox, but for the scrollbar I have to have it set to "TextArea" for my chat to even function, is there any other way ?

Edit : Nevermind, I figured it out by using "SET CSS - overflow-y" with "hidden"

for anyone that might have the same issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ....I figured it out by using "SET CSS - overflow-y" with "hidden"

for anyone that might have the same issue.

Good advice - I'm not a css guru by any stretch. Here's a w3schools playit demo of the various options that are available.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)