How do I [Google Play Leaderboards]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I have looked everywhere on the forums and cannot find anything up to date on the matter, but here is my issue. I have the new beta build of construct 2 (r185), and trying out the Google Play Leaderboards. This is something I have been trying to impliment for a span of days and keep getting stuck. I have finally got the scores to post! YAY!! But I cannot figure out how to view the leaderboards in game, atleast on the preview. I have my http that the game tests on added to my testing addresses, so that allowed the scores to post. I can't figure out how to make the leaderboards show up in game though.. here is some screenshots of my latest attempt. [attachment=0:1f8c38m0][/attachment:1f8c38m0]

This is the only thing that's holding me back from releasing my leaderboard update for my android app.

Thanks in advance!

• did you fill out the properties on the Google play object?

• Yeah, if you are referring to the App ID, Client ID, and Client Secret. Also double and triple checked to make sure they are correct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just reread your post. I haven't used the official plugin yet but have you built an apk yet it most likely cant work in preview just like ads

• I haven't built an apk since trying this. I will do that though and follow up here if it works. I was able to post a score to the leaderboards though using the "run as admin" preview.

• I compiled the app and got a working APK of the game. When I go to leaderboards, it signs you in, but doesn't show the leaderboards. I think the posting of the leaderboard is working because in my dev console it is showing a score submitted.Any idea as to why the leaderboards aren't showing? Am I doing something wrong? If so, please help! <3

• I have just come across the same thing in experimenting with one of my games. Is it possible there is no popup that shows up and this needs to be created manually?

• Hey guys remember that Google Play Game Services were added as a "experimental support for PhoneGap and Crosswalk" so things may not work properly.

The best would be to get Ashley here to get a look if this is an issue on plugin side or yours.

• Oh, I should mention I'm not even trying to use it with Crosswalk or Phonegap atm. Just preview. I can get the auth and the login welcome back thing comes up but scores are not working.

• The events in your screenshots make no sense. When the hi-scores are received, you just request the hi-scores again, so it will loop around and around constantly making more requests. Google Play might even have temporarily banned you for making too many requests.

• The events in your screenshots make no sense. When the hi-scores are received, you just request the hi-scores again, so it will loop around and around constantly making more requests. Google Play might even have temporarily banned you for making too many requests.

I still have this problem however, perhaps this screenshot will help?

Second part is merely to see if the request is successful by playing a sound.

• Do you have triggers to handle all errors as well and display them if any occur? Otherwise how do you know if anything is going wrong?

• Do you have triggers to handle all errors as well and display them if any occur? Otherwise how do you know if anything is going wrong?

In further testing I have yes, as far as I can tell there are no errors in console or failures being triggered. Auth works fine and shows the little banner popup. Is there a place I can go in the Google Dev backend to see if score submission is actually working?

I hope I'm not being a pain here, and that this is all very experimental. Just trying to get to the bottom of it.

I redid the code, and added a few triggers. My scores are posting, and "On High-Score Request Success" Web alert saying "working." It is working according to that, but not visibly showing the leaderboard.

• Same problem here...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)