How do I get this to work, Help me (╥﹏╥)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • So this is my problem, I have a tank vehicle that's moving around, and I have a tank canon. And The tank vehicle is doing his business going around on the field, this is where the problem comes. The Canon, the freaking tank Canon, I have tried all kinds of things, but... You see I wanted to aim at the target, that specific target is, it's self.. Or to be more specific it's friends around it, that is actually its enemies.

The problem is it wants to kill itself. Or, when it has a target, if a nother vehicle has that target, it will not use that target, and then it would choose someone Else, but when someone else is Target it, it'll go from I don't care, or I will flip the Canon Second fourth and around and around.

So. Is this something else I can program or use. With out you sing

The add-on called

Turret

And no it doesn't work to put on: rotate towards position

Why well.. Because I have over 100 tangs The purpose is to simulate, all trying to kill each other until there's one left

So please I spent two days on it, and now I'm asking you... (╥﹏╥)

So big question, can you help me, do you have a solution..

▼it's one tank Terand just moving very fast back-and-forth.▼

• Have you tried setting the target to the one that's closest? THat should avoid them from just all going out on everything? Sorry if I had a capx I could help a lot more.

• are the tanks just copies of the same object or do you have unique objects?

when you set Add Object to Target, is the object itself?

in your picture it looks like the problem is too many turrets on 1 tank...

it's hard to understand your question.

• are the tanks just copies of the same object or do you have unique objects?

when you set Add Object to Target, is the object itself?

in your picture it looks like the problem is too many turrets on 1 tank...

it's hard to understand your question.

No it's one tank Terand just moving very fast back-and-forth.

Yes the tanks are the same copy, I made a Spohn object so I could put it around the level and it will Spohn the tanks.

And yes to target, is the object itself

I have tried to make a separate object that is the target but still it will not allow.

Though I have got it to work in the way... But, it's chooses a tank that is, not near bye.

And if it does that, it will not be a correct simulation.

• fyi -

spohn is spelled 'spawn'and Terand I assume is 'turret'

You probably do not want to use the Turret behavior if you want to target specific objects. Not to mention that the turret could target itself.

If you use "Add Object to Target" the Turret will target all those objects in range. You can force it to un-acquire the target, but unless the object moves out of range it's only going to reacquire it.

You can Acquire the Target manually by using the Action: "Acquire Target" but if it moves out of range and need to keep checking for it.

• fyi -

spohn is spelled 'spawn'and Terand I assume is 'turret'

You probably do not want to use the Turret behavior if you want to target specific objects. Not to mention that the turret could target itself.

If you use "Add Object to Target" the Turret will target all those objects in range. You can force it to un-acquire the target, but unless the object moves out of range it's only going to reacquire it.

You can Acquire the Target manually by using the Action: "Acquire Target" but if it moves out of range and need to keep checking for it.

Awesome, now I'm smarter. I just needed to add one thing and it looks like it works now.

I just needed to put, a variable on a object, That is the target.

Now it works, for now, something could happen anyway. thank you, Jobel.

That help me understand, little bit more about this.

5 minutes later...

Scratch that, it doesn't work.

And I was so happy (-?-)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't tell from that snippet what you are trying to do...

• I can't tell from that snippet what you are trying to do...

Me either, anymore. I'm trying something with the construct 2 file you sent me.

Trying to make it detects the object it sees, then before he chooses the Target, it deletes its own target it has on it self, so it doesn't detect itself, then when it's chooses at Target, it will turn on its target self again, so that on the tanks can choose it's target. Then when the tanks target is out of sight, it will do dissimilation over again, then it should choose a target near it, then we start over again.

I don't know if you understand that, but it's suddenly become complicated.

I just wished when they made the Turret function.

If we say someone choose the same object, as the one moving around us is Target.

It will not pick it self, moving at angle, as a Target

Help me construct 2 gods. if I don't make this work I'm working on now.

• Wow, I'm proud to say I got it to work. (─‿‿─)

So Thank Jobel. If you didn't show me, turret_manual_acq. I would probably have given up, (╥‿╥) and work on my RPG instead.

So thank you, and may you have a nice and creative day (◠‿‿◠)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)