How do I get past this Visual Studio multiplayer error?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Multiplayer/online functionality in my game works in Construct 2 preview, but Visual Studio 2017 Preview debugging for the UWP version of the app returns this error when connecting online:

Unhandled exception at line 111, column 13 in ms-appx://25608name.gamename/c2mp-peer.js 0xc004e00d - JavaScript runtime error: Could not complete the operation due to error c004e00d.

this.pc = new RTCPeerConnection({ "iceServers":this.mp.getIceServerList() }, { "optional": [{ "googIPv6": true }] });

Any help getting past the error would be appreciated.

• Edge doesn't support WebRTC DataChannels, so you can't use Multiplayer in Edge or UWP apps either.

• Edge doesn't support WebRTC DataChannels, so you can't use Multiplayer in Edge or UWP apps either.

But I thought UWP apps is how you make Xbox One apps? We've been working on an online multiplayer fighting game for Xbox One for years. How do you correctly do multiplayer on Xbox One?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, and UWP apps run using the Microsoft Edge browser engine, so UWP apps support the same features as Edge. Since Edge doesn't currently support it, multiplayer is simply not supported. You could use something like websockets instead which Edge does support, but they aren't so good for real-time games, and you'll have to write a server since it can't work peer-to-peer. Alternatively you could wait for Microsoft to add DataChannel support, but there's no sign of when that will happen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)