How do I Get a TileMap to look at mouse?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Basically I'm wanting the player to be able to have a tile map rotate toward the position of the mouse.

For a normal sprite this is easy but I don't see an option for tilemap.

• I've tried to pin the tile to an sprite that rotates toward the mouse. Not quite the result I was expecting. Maybe construct's engine doesn't allow us to set the angle of the tiles. :/

• Something like that?

https://warrior-porcupine-51817.bitballoon.com

capx example:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FlDY ... sp=sharing

My game is a multiplayer game and I wanted to use tile maps as the characters of my game so yes it "fixes" the problem but for the great scale of multiplayer it doesn't. Because each player needs to be able to control their character and I can't create a number of layers because I'm not sure how many people will be playing at one time or how much I'll scale it. It could be 2 -4 players or it could be 32-64.

• I'm not sure how many people will be playing at one time or how much I'll scale it. It could be 2 -4 players or it could be 32-64.

OK, that's a problem. The amount of layers 'should not' have an affect of the performance. So if your maximum number of players is 64 you could use 64 layers, independent of the actual number of players.

But I admit, that's not really a satisfying solution.

• What about Just using sprites as bank of images that compose your characters and not using tilemaps for what they are not intended to be used...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about Just using sprites as bank of images that compose your characters and not using tilemaps for what they are not intended to be used...

Well the idea is that if a bullet hit apart of the ship that only that block would be effected instead of the entire ship as a whole.

I could make thousands of images of the same ship in every possible way but I feel that is an insane amount of work when I could just use a tilemap instead.

Honestly just a rotate to position command would solve my problem

• Also if you use the pin command and spin your ship fast the blocks will lose the place they was connected on the ship in a magnet kinda way.

• I've wanted to rotate tilemaps as well in the past, but there aren't any good way to do it, unfortunately. And because it's difficult for people to see the benefit in doing so, because it isn't popular design choice, it probably will remain not implemented.

• I've wanted to rotate tilemaps as well in the past, but there aren't any good way to do it, unfortunately. And because it's difficult for people to see the benefit in doing so, because it isn't popular design choice, it probably will remain not implemented.

Well that's why it's so important to voice our concerns and ask for features we need. There is no reason why we can't have the option, It might not be practical for everyone but it is for me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)