How do I get a random sprite position

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • hi,

i have 5 fixed sprites (all the same sprites), now i want to get the position of one random sprite of them.

thanks

meta

• Hello metameta, first let me welcome you to the community!

By coincidence i came across your post, though i find it hard to understand what precisely is your problem.

For what i understand from your explanation is this:

You have 1 sprite on your layout, you copied it 4 times creating 5 identical sprites on your layout.

You want them to be placed on random locations on the layout?

If this is not the case then please try to give a more detailed explanation of your problem, and i will try my best to help you out!

Greetings,

dwngrt

• hi dwngrt,

first part is correct - i've one sprite which i copied it 4 times = 5 same sprites. these sprites are on a fixed possition on the map

now i want to get the location of ONE of them (random) and e.g. destroy this sprite --> 4 sprites left....

thanks!!!!

-meta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You don't need the location to destroy it

• You should be able to pick a random sprite. I'm not sure whether there was a pick random but if not:

• Generate a random number using the random function. Its max value should be the number of sprites you have in the map -1 (because of 0-index). Theres a variable for this.
    • Use the random number to get a sprite by its IID (index iD) and get its location.
    • Destroy it.
  • Hey metameta,

Hopefully you already figured a way to accomplish your goal.

If not: then this demo might help you a bit.

[attachment=0:33d6eqd8][/attachment:33d6eqd8]

Dwngrt

• perfect! thx a lot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)