How do I fix my inventory placing items problem?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for maintaining an inventory with crafting possibilities. Completely documented in text and video.
  • Hello,

I have this specific problem with inventory in my game.

1. So i have this inventory panel (sprite) with collected items on it (sprites)

This inventory panel is created when i mouseover certain area and stays on screen while mouse cursor is over it.

2. When i click on item, default mouse cursor changes to item appearance and that item is destroyed.

3. Now i hold the item and mouseover and click interactions with other items and areas are working fine.

4. Now i want to make item drop to inventory when i click on inventory only. Item should be created and cursor should take default game appearance.

5. If i try to create item on mouse.x mouse.y it wont create over inventory or anywhere on the screen at all.

6. If i try to create object on predefined x,y position on the inventory it does work, but does not work at the spot where i picked the item from (destroyed it or moved it when i picked it up). I cannot take item, then immediately put it back on the same spot. I need to move mouse to another spot on the inventory and only then it will create at that predefined spot.

I tried following and every possible combination of it:

• putting everything on different layers
    • on object (inventory) clicked - create item
    • mouseover (inventory) + left click - create item
    • Moving items and inventory panel instead of creating and destroying

nothing seems to help.

is there some limitation or i am doing something wrong?

thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • fixed it...

basically, when i clicked to place the item the engine would instantly pick that item up again with the same click.

if i swapped the picking and dropping code order then picking item would instantly drop the item again so it would seem like it was not picked at all.

so i made a global variable that tracks the state of the item and make sure only respective code for each state is executed in one cycle.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)