How do I fix a Intel XDK build error?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hi,

I already exported my current project on the Intel XDK and it worked perfectly. But now I have put in the icons and splash screens and the build fails everytime.

This is the error i get:

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : File not found: C:/Users/user/Desktop/SmartWebRadio (mobile)/www/C/Users/user/Desktop/SmartWebRadio (mobile)/package-assets/app_icon_96x96.png.png Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:22849 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)[/code:2yie6rac]

I checked the File that is described in the error message but it all is in the package-assets. Does someone know how to fix this?
    Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • bump!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley,

I just found some beta releases of Construct 2 which are newer than my current version (Stable release r233).

It seems like the beta releases contain many bug fixes and changes that have something to do with the Intel XDK. Do you know if my problem could be fixed by updating to a beta release?

Thank you!

• Why don't you try it and see?

• Thanks for your answer Ashley,

I installed the latest beta release r238 and exported my project with cordova. In the options I enabled "Use new Intel XDK project format".

After I loaded the .xdk file in the Intel XDK, configured all my build settings and imported the icons and splash screens, I get the same error as before. The files that can't be found (icons and splash screens) are in the right folder though and I can even open them in the built in file explorer in the Intel XDK.

I'm not sure if this still is a compatability issue between XDK and C2's new project format or something else.

Thanks again!

EDIT:

I just tried disabling the "Use new Intel XDK format" option but I got the same error again when trying to build (It fails while uploading the project files).

So it seems like it doesn't have anything to do with C2 I think. I'll probably have to wait until the next XDK release and see if it works then.

Thanks!

• aquadijoib -- I think the problem is due to a space in you path or, possibly, due to a bad TMP environment variable. See this piece from the beginning of the error message:

[quote:3ashpemd]

File not found: C:/Users/user/Desktop/SmartWebRadio (mobile)/www/C/Users/user/Desktop/SmartWebRadio (mobile)/package-assets/app_icon_96x96.png.png

Note the odd filename "C:/Users/.../SmartWebRadio (mobile)/.../C/Users/..." the path is "starting over" within the file reference ("C/Users/" is equivalent to "C:/Users/"), which may be due to a space in your path or something else (not quite sure what that 'something else' would be).

Could be due to some weird specification of the location of that image file? If you check the various intelxdk.*.config.xml files that are generated in your project folder, you can inspect the paths that are specified for the icons. They should start with "package-assets" not with "C:/" or "/C".

• Thanks xmnboy for your info,

I tried moving the project files to a different (completely empty) drive. After I selected all the image files in the package assets I tried building it and got the same error again:

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : File not found: E:/SmartWebRadio(mobile)/www/E/SmartWebRadio(mobile)/package-assets/app_icon_96x96.png Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:22849 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)[/code:17emcsi1]

So it actually doesn't have anything to do with spaces in my path because the drive I used was completely empty and only had that one file in there. Right?
    After that I renamed the file path in the .xdk file in my project folder like this: "relPath": "package-assets/app_icon_96x96.png",
    I did this with all the files and got the build finally working 
    I hope you find the problem that is causing this error 
    Thanks again for your help!
  • Where do I find the original (complete) Build Error Logs of Intel XDK?

• farfetchd83,

You can find it in the window where it shows that the build was successful. To open that window you have to click on the little "i" - icon which is shown in the android build tab when the build is complete.

I hope you can find it

• Hi aquadijoib I have found it, but really, its not there all the time... Sometime there is the link for the full long, and some (most of) times its not... Its really wierd, I have found a lot of people complaining about it. Actually what is even more wierd is that XDK only started showing me the full logs after I started searching on google how to find it and after I tried using Cocoon, just to get a log, then when I came back to XDK I started to be able to see the full log

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)