How do I exprt to android

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello,

I am new to Construct 2 with about an hour a day and less than a week with the software. For purposes of testing I am trying to get something up on my google dev account.

Looking through articles on the internet I have come across a few different methods to publish to Google Play. The Scirra article for the Google Play talks about what seems to be the included plug in. I am using a personal license copy of construct 2 but when I go to export there is no option for Android in the list. the list of mobile exports include Cordova, Blackberry 10, Tizen, and Amazon App store.

Am I missing something here?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

There is no direct way of exporting to Android/IOS, you have to use other software:

3 methods are listed below:

1)

Download and install Intel XDK then:

In C2 export to Cordova, Open in inxtel XDK, set up up your signing keys, plugins etc, and build for Android

2)

In C2 export to Cordova, Zip your exported www folder, then upload that zipped folder to Cocoonjs, set up your keys plugins etc, then compile for Android

3)

There is a software that converts HTML to APK that is free to use (Google HTML to APK praveshagrewal), but I don't think that will let you add plugins, its probably the quickest and most straightforward option for a very simple app.

For that you will need to export as a HTML website.

All of these will give you APKs which you can then submit to the google play store

If u just want to do some quick testing, you can set it up to run on your deice via wifi (Preferences -> Preview -> Preview server)

Hope that helps

Regards

Hassan

• Thanks for the response.

I am currently testing over Wi-Fi but wanted to move on to the next step of setting up alpha testing. Currently I am going the cocoon route, I just have to go through the hastle of Signing and doing ZipAlign the zip file for Google Play.

• I would highly recommend staying away from CocoonJS. I have been here for years and I have seen nothing but problems with CJS. In fact, at one point, Ashley said export to CJS would no longer be supported.

The Intel XDK is the best tool for compiling an APK, in my opinion.

• Thanks for the response.

I am currently testing over Wi-Fi but wanted to move on to the next step of setting up alpha testing. Currently I am going the cocoon route, I just have to go through the hastle of Signing and doing ZipAlign the zip file for Google Play.

I think Intel XDK will do it all for you, even generate a key and sign it for you, and upload it if you want

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)