How do I Export to APK

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hey, guys, it's been awhile but I'm back at it again and I see a lot has changed. It looks like the XDK way is no longer working because I can't seem to get it to make a key store and other errors. So I was wondering what's the latest method (and where can I go get more info on it) for exporting to Android (Play Store) and for APK testing with C2?

Thank you in advance happy 4th...

• The current options are:

Future possibility:

• Use C3 wrapper (will be paid or you'll need C3 license)
    • Some new wrapper that will jump in XDK's place
  • Very Cool Thanks

• Wow once I went to the cocoon.io page it hit me that this is what I was using before. I still had a couple of old projects still there which was a blessing. I also was able to find my custom XML file and my Keystore file.

In 5 minutes I had my file uploaded and the APK on my phone...

I'm very grateful thanks.

• Out of the options you've listed above is there any one that you would recommend over the others? I've got a bunch of C2 projects that I'm looking to get on the Play store (not too bothered about iOS at the moment) but the range of options is daunting. Also, are there any good up-to-date tutorials covering the process? Most of the ones I've found are a few years old, so I'm uncertain as to their reliability. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• I found Cocoon.io to have the best performance and the most stable (and up to date) plugins. There are a lot of tutorials in the Internet, but if you don't want to waste time searching for the info you may want to buy the complete guide ebook written by Andreas here https://www.scirra.com/store/ebooks/qui ... ebook-1893

It covers everything and costs pennies - I always recommend it as it's really worth the price.

• Cheers for the feedback, very useful - I realised that I picked up that book with a bunch of other stuff a while back and forgot to check it out; just had a look at it and all the images are blacked out, not sure why... I'll pop Andreas a line.

EDIT: Seems to be an issue with Adobe Reader and Edge, opens fine on Opera and Firefox. Chrome refuses to play with any pdfs for some reason :S

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, I would definitely say cocoon has been the best for me. I've used PhoneGap, Android Studio, and XDK.

Cocoon.io is the best of them all for this in my opinion. AndreasR is actually the one who turned me onto it.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)