How do I Export for android.

0 favourites
  • But Ludei, cocoon is not FREE. i aslo export my project with cordova, and then use Intel XDK and export to crosswalk android, but its really really really slow when you play the game on the mobile.

you can ALSO read this: https://www.scirra.com/forum/problem-with-intel-xdk-games-run-very-slow_t163388

• But Ludei, cocoon is not FREE. i aslo export my project with cordova, and then use Intel XDK and export to crosswalk android, but its really really really slow when you play the game on the mobile.

you can ALSO read this: https://www.scirra.com/forum/problem-with-intel-xdk-games-run-very-slow_t163388

The Cocoon.IO is free. There are other plans that have their own benefits, but the only real draw back for the free account with the Cocoon.IO is the Splash Screen. Which take $500 to remove (Real fricking crazy). Other than that, you can have two projects uploaded to their cloud, and do whatever you want with them.

• cocoon.io is ridiculous, you have MAX 2 FREE projects , lowest Compilation Queue priority, limited size Project Maximum Size, etc etc i don't like how those people make money...

https://cocoon.io/pricing

and people pay for that, i can't believe... LOL

• Well I exported it as cardova, tried it in xdk emulator, it was a black screen, also tried it on my tablet. Black screen

• cs2curious, you need to go to Cocoon.IO.com. That is the exporter and the guide I sent you is based off of. It is a whole different Exporter, it's a Cloud Based one. You will need to create a account once you go to Cocoon.IO.com, then you'll be able to use their service, you can browse their forums, and the guide I provided you with will be VERY clear. This has no affiliation with Intel XDK.

• So Im confused, do I have to pay to use coocon?

• So Im confused, do I have to pay to use coocon?

No. You do not have to pay for Cocoon. Cocoon has plans that feature high compilation time, more projects per an account, and bigger file sizes for projects but all of that isn't really important. Want to have more projects? Make a new account. Compilation Time? Have a bit of patience. Bigger File sizes? I don't think there's a way to separate files with Construct 2 and end up uploading a file size bigger than 50MB to the Google Play Store but other companies do it, I just really do not know too much about it.

Really the only draw back is their splash screen removal price. $500 per a project to remove their Splash Screen, the Splash Screen itself is not really the problem but what on earth!! $500! It's crazy.

The free account allows for 2 projects and everything else is normal. I really do not understand their logic but a company must make money somehow.

• I still don't get it =/ How do I export a zip, or file that cocoon will read?

• ludei says to submit a zip file, I compressed my export via cordova export and compressed it with 7zip, and when I try to import to ludei website it says

"Oh noes!

Sorry but you must submit a zip file"

• So I guess I am just SOL ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So I guess I am just SOL ?

It's more of your lack of knowledge on how to follow instructions or even create a ZIP Folder.....

• Ok insult me, it's all good.

You can be a jerk, no one will judge you for that.

Anyway,

UPDATE: exported it with ludei, tested it on my android, it goes white screen, and then just goes to a black screen. So nothing really changed

• when in construct, am I making a mistake by exporting as cordova ?

• You guys, Cocoon.IO is Ludei's new Compiler Service!

cs2curious have you even looked at the guide I provided you with? Have you even gone to site that I told you to go to?

CocoonJS isn't really supported anymore, and if you do end having problems in the future with it, you're not gonna receive much or any help at all since the forums are dead.

Cocoon.IO on the other hand is an active community.

• I contacted Ludei a couple of months back and inquired about their 2 project limit. Apparently what it means is that you can have a max of 2 active projects. If you want to add a new one, you are free to remove an old one and than put the new one in. Honestly, I think this is an okay term.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)