How do I export a C2 game to an autonomous application ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hello everyone,

I intend to create a big real-time RPG (work in progress), and then market it (on Steam, on a self-made website, etc...)

That's why I would like to know if there is a way to convert a construct 2 game to an autonomous application, with the 5 following features :

- the game must run in an independant window (not in a browser)

- there is an installer for the game (or the game can be installed via Steam)

- the savegames musn't be associated with a specific browser, but stored on disk in a specific place (for example C:Games\TheGameName\)

- the savegames musn't be erased when a program such as CCleaner is used (for the moment when I test a game in Firefox for example, if I use CCleaner, all my savegames are erased)

- there is an uninstaller for the game, wich can erase savegames when the game is uninstalled

I hope I have made myself clear, English is not my mother tongue.

Thank you in advance for your help

• You can export to .exe with nwjs..

Tutorial

• and use node object to save and read data on local drive

• Thanks LittleStain and MadSpy, it seems that I missed this tutorial. This will help me a lot !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hum... now I have some issues with savegames using node object :

I manage to write "Test" in a file using the following action :

-> Write "Test" to file NWjs.UserFolder & "Slot1.save"

but i can't save in a subfolder

I tried

-> Write "Test" to file NWjs.UserFolder & "\MyGame\Slot1.save"

and

-> Write "Test" to file NWjs.UserFolder & "MyGame\Slot1.save"

but it doesn't work...

Also, how should I proceed to save the state of the game to a save slot (just like the "save" system action) in the file I choosed ?

I'm new to this and it's a bit confusing, but I would like to do it in the cleanest possible way

• Well, I figured it out by myself after numerous fruitless attempts.

I am writing a tutorial about it, I'll post the link here when it is approved.

• I'm not sure about how the approval system works, but it seems you can already access my tutorial, I hope it will help you !

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4870/save-and-load-game-in-a-specific-folder-using-nwjs-node-webkit

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)