How do I exclude instance of an object by UID from the SOL?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I tried an inverted "Pick by UID" but as far as I can tell it's not working. And reading past threads about this issue suggests that it's not supposed to.

I have the UIDs of the instances I want to exclude from the SOL, I'm just not quite sure how to do this with conditions.

I'm looking for something that is like an inverted "pick by UID" but something that actually works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried "Pick by Condition" Where the object.UID is "not equal" to the number?

(It's a system condition, not under the object.)

• That really seems like it should work. I've tried it out and I'm still having the trouble getting the mechanism that uses this to work. But I'll have to assume that the problem is somewhere else then.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I got things working finally. I'm actually not sure now if the problem was ever with the inverted pick by UID condition. But your suggestion is working fine now anyway. As is often the case, my problem was just a couple stupid mistakes that I overlooked.

• That's usually how it works, keep trying different things until it gives you enough clues to find the actual problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)