How do I download data assets for games

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Ashley talked about a way to package a smaller version of the game and put that in the stores. Then upon the first game run will download the assets. Now I have been playing around with this, but at this time have been unable to figure it out.

The process I started with was setting the website to a server.

I tried exporting the game as HTML5/Android. Copied the export to server.

removed the images/media from the first export. Then packed up the program into XDK.

however the closest I can get is the warning that the program must be hosted error.

Anyone have an idea how to go about this.

• Ashley talked about a way to package a smaller version of the game and put that in the stores. Then upon the first game run will download the assets. Now I have been playing around with this, but at this time have been unable to figure it out.

The process I started with was setting the website to a server.

I tried exporting the game as HTML5/Android. Copied the export to server.

removed the images/media from the first export. Then packed up the program into XDK.

however the closest I can get is the warning that the program must be hosted error.

Anyone have an idea how to go about this.

You could maybe just package a game that just redirect to the game hosted on your website. The offline.appcache will let you access it offline after the first loading in theory.

• My question is: do you have the ability to save locally?

You would loose any advantages that a normal export gives, but you could use ajax to store base64 strings into webstorage.

Sool on audio on that method atm.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Ashley talked about a way to package a smaller version of the game and put that in the stores. Then upon the first game run will download the assets. Now I have been playing around with this, but at this time have been unable to figure it out.

>

> The process I started with was setting the website to a server.

> I tried exporting the game as HTML5/Android. Copied the export to server.

> removed the images/media from the first export. Then packed up the program into XDK.

>

> however the closest I can get is the warning that the program must be hosted error.

>

> Anyone have an idea how to go about this.

>

You could maybe just package a game that just redirect to the game hosted on your website. The offline.appcache will let you access it offline after the first loading in theory.

That's totally what i'm trying to go for. Which is what Ashley was talking about. However I haven't managed to get the game to refer to the website download the assets at all. I figure one step at a time. The first is to get a asset less version to access the web version to get the assets. Then I'll move on the cache.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)