How do I do this with a CSV table

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • So another question brought to you my noob me

So, I'm trying to figure out how this works:

I load a csv table using ajax, I can get info from the loaded table using rex's great plugin CSV and print it in the screen. So far so good.

Now, I would like to feed the info found within a column using the plugin expression AtCol.

At first, I figured out it would be something like this: CSV.AtCol("d") (Like I said, noob me )

What am I missing here as info that I epically fail to see? Thanks in advance!

• Shameless super bump!

• Perhaps you should ask for help regarding specific plugin information in that plugin's thread.

• So another question brought to you my noob me

So, I'm trying to figure out how this works:

I load a csv table using ajax, I can get info from the loaded table using rex's great plugin CSV and print it in the screen. So far so good.

Now, I would like to feed the info found within a column using the plugin expression AtCol.

At first, I figured out it would be something like this: CSV.AtCol("d") (Like I said, noob me )

What am I missing here as info that I epically fail to see? Thanks in advance!

The right syntax would be:

CSV.At(3, 0)[/code:jn6cqnsv]
    3 is the Column and 0 the Row
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oosyrag I did, but didn't wanna continue bothering further since I failed to understand.

, thanks. it helps me figure out how it works. I had it completely wrong

• Ok, actually, no, it didn't answer my question.

I asked in the plugin thread but the answer was complex for me since I don't fully understand how it works yet.

The answer was:

" You might create 2 csv tables, one is logical position to object name, for example: (0,3) is "door".

The other table is object name to properties, for example ( "door", "x" ) = 0 "

I did create these two tables but I fail to understand how I can use the expression CSV.AtCol( )

I recently was asking how to make doors and now it works using instance variables, but I would like to get it working better using a database so I can have more control over the design of the levels.

So what Im trying to do is, when player overlaps a door, we do a search on a table to see if the doorID is located, if True then compare in a table the xPos and Ypos where the player will be positioned too once it enters the next layout. And this info should be sent to the player.

• And now I'm confused

Do you mean something like this?

• hahaha sorry, yes, I can actually transition between layout with no problem, but the way I do worries me for when my levels will be full of sprites. In my project I might end up sometimes with several doors leading to different layouts and then you can always come back so I need a way to keep it organized

• So typical RPG stuff

I need to try this my self to see how this could work best. But at the moment, i have to little spare time. It could take some time for me to find a good solution. Maybe someone else has a good idea how to solve this.

• no problem

Thanks!

Is there anyone that could help noob me to better understand this please?

• shameless bump

• bump

• What kind of data are you modeling? Is it 1 or 2-dimensional?

• gumshoe2029, 2 dimensional

• I've never used the plugin from rex that you are using. What exactly are you trying to do with it? Just access the data?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)