How do I do a good menu?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • now i've checked faq for this, but there hasn't been much help.

what i was wondering is, how do you people control your main menu?

let's say we have options / start game / exit / about on your main menu.

when you click options - you want a window to open with options. how do you do it? just a hidden layer that shows on click or is there a better way? (can layout be included in layout, like window open layout) ?

• I usually have my in game options as a hidden layer and when I want the menu to pop up I just pause the game and unhide the layer. Works like a charm as long as you keep your event sheets organized, clean and well documented

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is no right or wrong, it all depends on what you want and/or feel comfortable with..

You already say you want to open a window, which is a choice, because you could also just animate the menu to show the options.

Creating a "pop-up" could be done by revealing a layer, but also by creating all the new elements in events and/or changing the function and look of elements already on the screen.

Layouts are separate, so one layout can not be shown within another layout, global layers are available though..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)