How do I display trigger ranges in the editor?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Hi,

I have spawn triggers with trigger ranges assigned to them. I'd like to display these ranges graphically but only in the editor. Building logic to scale some circle sprite wouldn't do, as that wouldn't show in the editor, right? Son any recommendations how to best set this up?

• another thing i'd like to do:

i have objects defining trigger postions connected via UID to other objects that represent the spawnpoint position. having many of those in the scene i'd like to see which trigger refers to what position.

any clever way to e.g. draw a line from trigger to connected spawnpoint, in the editor view that is?

• Hi,

I have spawn triggers with trigger ranges assigned to them. I'd like to display these ranges graphically but only in the editor. Building logic to scale some circle sprite wouldn't do, as that wouldn't show in the editor, right? Son any recommendations how to best set this up?

What do you mean by that? Can you be more specific? Do you use some circular sprite to detect collisions? If yes, then how come this doesn't suffice graphically within the editor? Can you provide an example capx?

• At that point I was using Turret behaviours, as it that also gave me some rotation to work from.

but yes, I've been splitting those processes now and I am actually using sprite collision detection which does help visualise my triggers.

But I am now using these triggers to spawn enemies in another position, which I define thorugh another object that I reference by UID. As I have quite a few triggers and spawnpoint locators on my layout now, I'd like to see what trigger is connected to what spawnpoint. Any ideas how to visualize this connection in the editor?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Since you spawn the enemies at run time, obviously you can't see them on the editor. Perhaps if you assign an Instance Variable on the object(s) that you use to spawn the enemies, and use the variable to define which instance spawns what enemy, then you could have a better sense of the spawn objects and their role in creating enemies.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)