How do I Display time on Game Over screen.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hey,

I am making a game that sees how long a player can last. I want the Game Over screen to show what the player's time was. Kind of like a leader board. I found a few tutorials on time that is how I got the time to work but I can't find out how to display it at the end. I would also like the game to get harder over time and I can't seem to figure that one out either…. Thanks for all your help.

• If you want my advice here how I will make it if I was you: first create global variable called :"PlayerTime" ,

1- then create condition: "Every 1 second" and "If Player.count=1" ==> add 1 to playerTime.

Once the player is destroyed, the PlayerTime will stop.

2- Add text and set condition: "Everytick" ==> Set text (any name) to ("Time: "&PlayerTime)

Hope it would help you

• Make a game harder add game speed gobble variables and at certain time make Gamespeed increase

meaning if your gamespeed = 300 then just add gamespeed + 100 or 200 and so on

• Naji, thanks for your reply. What I did was Create a "GV" called Timer. On every tick I add dt timer, and on a text sprite I Set text to timer. If i clone the text and set the text to timer at the game over screen it works. what I want it to do is keep your time so you can see if you beat your score.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Lordshiva, I will try that to see how it works...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)