How do I disable collisions for some objects only

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Everything is in the title.

I know it sounds silly but there is actually no option like this.

I have enemies that must pass through some solids but must accept collisions from other stuff

thanks

• I guess you can pick some objects in one condition "pick n'th instance" as often you need, and "set collisions enabled" = false for all of them.

Tell me if it works.

• I guess you can pick some objects in one condition "pick n'th instance" as often you need, and "set collisions enabled" = false for all of them.

Tell me if it works.

Nope it wont work.

And the reason is because we don't have such an option. We only have disable all collisions for an object and not for some objects.

That's lame because i think it can be easily fixed with code.

• Ashley is it possible to make such an option for a future release?

I looked for plugins no one can provide it :/

• I asked a similar question long time before, and guessed it is already fixed.

If not, it should be done asap, since the picking multiple ID's of an object in a condition is essential for c2 game making.

• Ashley is it possible to make such an option for a future release?

I looked for plugins no one can provide it :/

I requested it some time ago already. Actually the topic had quite a bit of response. https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=92740&p=723743&hilit=megatronx+solid#p723743 But nothing as of yet unfortunately. This option is crucial for certain things.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does family option help into something? I do not have personal licence (yet) but I believe with family it is possible to make some conditions like that.

• Does family option help into something? I do not have personal licence (yet) but I believe with family it is possible to make some conditions like that.

Nope because once again you don't have such an options as desactivate collision for*.

You only have desactivate collisions (of the said object, all te collisions)

I hope that someone will figure this out.

• Only way I can think of is by adding an invisible object behind each object at creation. That gives you one collision possibility for teams or whatever. Still, that means only one possibility for collision, and it would be twice the effect on performance that it would normally be.

I think we'll just need to hope that it gets added.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)