How do I detect imagepoint overlap?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I'm trying to make a simple detection of a sprites imagepoint overlap, but it's not working.

The goal is to change a sprites current animation frame depending on what imagepoint is being overlapped by another sprite. The issue is, there is no function that I can find for this.

I tried using overlap offset and setting the X and Y to the imagepoint but it didn't work.

any ideas?

• Just use 'Is overlapping at offset' should work all the time. Adjust the offset value to match imagepoint position. You don't really need extra imagepoint to be honest. Or if you really have to, spawn detectors to those imagepoint then pin them. Another alternative would be comparing distance or relative position.

• Just use 'Is overlapping at offset' should work all the time. Adjust the offset value to match imagepoint position. You don't really need extra imagepoint to be honest. Or if you really have to, spawn detectors to those imagepoint then pin them. Another alternative would be comparing distance or relative position.

I'll try that. I want each block to have 4 points of detection but because they will only be detecting overlap by the same block (itself) the code won't be too ridiculous. I'll try tonight and post back what I find.

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could try:

system pick by overlapping point "object1" at X=(object2.imagepointX(a)),Y=(object2.imagepointY(a))

• An example:

Overlapping (image) point

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)