How do I detect if sprites are overlapping

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • I've hunted through all the available event sheet options and simply don't see a condition that covers overlapping sprites. I'm SURE I am missing something... but can someone please provide me a menu path to get to the condition/rule that would detect if two sprites are overlapping?

Thanks!

• You might have overlooked it.. but there is a condition that does that, two actually, 'Is overlapping another object' and 'Is overlapping at offset'. Perhaps you're trying to test overlap to something other than a sprite object?

So.. just go Add event > select a sprite object > is overlapping another object > choose the sprite to compare overlap > add actions.

• R
  • You might have overlooked it.. but there is a condition that does that, two actually, 'Is overlapping another object' and 'Is overlapping at offset'. Perhaps you're trying to test overlap to something other than a sprite object?

So.. just go Add event > select a sprite object > is overlapping another object > choose the sprite to compare overlap > add actions.

That's what I thought, but I don't see either of those. Is there a setting beyond 'collisions enabled' that I have to turn on for those to be available for my sprite objects?

• I'm pretty sure your 'Grass' object is a background. The 'is overlapping another object' action only works with sprites. Please check whether your 'Grass' object is actually a sprite and not a background.

• You are adding an Action. You need to add an Event. Then it's under the Collisions section.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are adding an Action. You need to add an Event. Then it's under the Collisions section.

That's it! Added an event and that option is available.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)