How do I custom jump with sustain.

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • Been trying to make a platform behavior object have a custom jump with the sustain and everything that works with the platformer behavior gravity. Reason is I want to create a wall jump that has the smooth sustain on the jump aswell, not just the -Y vector by itself. Question is, Is there any simple or common way to program this w/o being to complex? Sorry I dont have a cap file or anything and not really sure how to load one w/o 3rd party websites.

My older wall jump had a gravity change involved. Not exactly this but the same concept.

----"jumps off wall at a angle"----------------------------------------------------------------

("If Player is falling ----------("set Platformer angle of Gravity 60

Player has wall to left ----------- simulate control Jump

Up Arrow is pressed") ----------- start Timer "GravityTimer" 0.05 once.")

----"changes back to gravity angle 90"-----------------------------------------------------

(On Gravity Timer "GravityTimer") ---------- (set Platformer angle of gravity 90)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has the jump sustain and everything but it doesn't feel right in some situations. If u play around with megaman X, you can see he has the jump sustain behavior within his wall jump. Not just a -y vector change, something I'm trying to figure out here with my small brain.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you just use position limiting to simulate this? You're making this a lot harder than it needs to be.

KISS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)