How do I custam create a sprite?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • If i have a tiledbackground(not tmap) and have buttons on a HUD. Upon button tick, change tileset piece

• upon clicked

:- create tileset2 on position tileset1X.Y origin 0

:- destroy tileset1.

this would leave almost unlimited customization. But

could I then SAVE this layout as a single image. to be used as, a spaceship?

It could be like a shop where you can add guns. (if tilesetGun.totalGun [tilesetG on creation +1 to I.V totalGun]

Shot Damage = GunP (designated to the tileset) * totalGun

• Could you please write more clear what you really want, because this doesn't make sense for me.

Anyway, you can not use a tiled background as a sprite, if this is what you are asking.

You need to make a new sprite and give it the image you desire.

• no, it is conditions to where a tilebackground, single image, should be placed. replacing the current one. like rock is broken, now its land.

Is it possible to save a layout as an image in game? using an Array? or something. I have been looking, but if you know of a tutorial it would help.

• my question should be better sorry, its hard to phrase

• and spell apparently. . .

• What you want is a tilemap and NOT a tiled background. A tiled background is 1 image that you "stretch" over your whole layout to use it as a static background (ok, it can scroll, but i don't want make it more complicated here).

For the beginning save your tiles (rock, stone..whatever) in a 2-d Array and draw it on screen. When one tile gets destroyed you change it in the array.

For example, you say 1 is rock:

[1,1,1,1,1, 1,1,1,1,1, 1,1,1,1,1]

then one rock breaks (2 is broken rock):

[1,1,2,1,1, 1,1,1,1,1, 1,1,1,1,1]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • this makes a lot of sense, thank you very much

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)