How do I create the mov 4 moving an obj around a circle?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • My main character will be an object used to protect earth, but how do I create the movement to rotate it 360 degrees completely around the other object?? Also, I don't know how to create waves of enemies...I know how to make them randomly spawn, but what if I want only 30 enemies of one type to spawn in round 1 and it round 2 a different??

• You can use a combination of a horizontal and vertical sine movement to create an orbit.

• You can use a combination of a horizontal and vertical sine movement to create an orbit.

Vertical and Horizontal Sine movements to the main character?

• Thought you meant just automatically.

In that case, the simplest way is a set of actions. You'll want to set your angle via your controls. Then, every tick, set your player to the planet's x and y, and then use the move forward at angle action together to place it in the right place. The distance is how high you want your orbit, and the angle would be angle(planet.x,planet.y,touch.x,touch.y) (or mouse.x and y if you're using mouse). If you're using keyboard arrows, you'll want an angle variable that gets modified by your arrow keys.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thought you meant just automatically.

In that case, the simplest way is a set of actions. You'll want to set your angle via your controls. Then, every tick, set your player to the planet's x and y, and then use the move forward at angle action together to place it in the right place. The distance is how high you want your orbit, and the angle would be angle(planet.x,planet.y,touch.x,touch.y) (or mouse.x and y if you're using mouse). If you're using keyboard arrows, you'll want an angle variable that gets modified by your arrow keys.

So basically I'm just setting the angle of the planets X and Y coordinate?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)