How do I Create Servers

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Is there a tutorial on how to create Servers on my computer using construct 2?

Im looking to create a Space MMO Like DarkOrbit.

Any tutorials, addons, plugins or starter projects would be Great!

• The plugin photon is a good way to make a mmo and this is easy to use.

I made a small tutorial here

EDIT: oh and to save the data the plugin firebase of Rex is a good and easy plugin to use.

• Sorry this is the first tutorial I made x)

I will try to explain you:

The code is the name/id of the event you will send to the others player and the data is a data you want to send with the code.

Like in the exemple at the bottom you send your player.X and in another Event your Player.Y.

Next you can do a event for when someone receive the ''code'' example it will teleport your player on the screen of everyone to the position you send..

Sorry if my explication are bad but I am french and this is hard for me to explain thing in english x)

EDIT: oh you removed your post ?

• Download and install Apache Web Server(such as a WAMP stack which includes PHP and MySQL), Microsoft IIS, or some other web server software. Then put your C2 export files into the htdocs (in Apache) folder, open a browser and go to http://localhost/

• Nice found both ways to be easy

Oh and I deleted my post because i found out how to do it thanks to your tutorial!

However, I decided to go with the wamp server because Im very familiar with making private servers and this was exactly what I was looking for!

But photon is very easy to use and is definitely a must have just incase something happens to my pc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about wamp

I export my project in html, go to local host and my project is indeed there!

How would I go about creating a sign up and login screen

Any tuts? Anything at all would be helpful!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Something like:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

or

Subscribe to Construct videos now
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)