How do I create instructions for my game?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello Folks,

Pretty new here and I would like some guidance. I want to create a help for users to show what they have to do. Is there any tutorial for that? I want something like below

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2017022516kB0b48uc44VRVSbQI68Qps&file=output_9AYOto.gif

• I would do this by adding a 'Help' layer, and placing a sprite on that layer with an animation frame for each stage of the tutorial, with its animation speed set to 0. Make this layer invisible on start. When the user presses the 'Help' button, switch the help layer to visible and re-start the sprite's animation. When the user taps, forward the animation by one frame. If the user taps an 'Exit Help' button, disable the layer.

• I can't see your image?

There are many ways to add help to a game.

If the game is complicated I usually include a help screen and a button to that in the start up menu that takes the user to a new layout with help explained.

You can do it using layers all in the same layout but I hate having to open and close and hide layers and it makes it easier to edit the help screen if it is in a new layout.

If your game needs many help screens then using layers might work better.

• All you do is create layout, name it instructions. In default start up set first layout instructions

• Thank you everyone for your reply. I am unsure how to upload images to this site.

• Thank you everyone for your reply. I am unsure how to upload images to this site.

You would need a direct link to the image when using the

BBCode.

Your host uses a separate url that links to the image so it doesn't show.

I've changed it to a URL so at least users can now click the link to see the animated gif.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Thank you everyone for your reply. I am unsure how to upload images to this site.

>

You would need a direct link to the image when using the

BBCode.

Your host uses a separate url that links to the image so it doesn't show.

I've changed it to a URL so at least users can now click the link to see the animated gif.

Thank you

• >

> > Thank you everyone for your reply. I am unsure how to upload images to this site.

> >

>

> You would need a direct link to the image when using the

BBCode.

>

> Your host uses a separate url that links to the image so it doesn't show.

>

> I've changed it to a URL so at least users can now click the link to see the animated gif.

>

Thank you

Just for future reference I use postimage for images I use in the forum and it accepts any picture or gif.

https://postimage.io/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)