How do I Create automatic doors?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game

OK.. Just TRYING to help.. SORRY..

hehe nice.

Come down man, If this simple code do not work for you then it must be a fault on your side. Even if your doors have no events there must be something that prevent this to work properly. If we don't see your event's there's not much we can do to help.

sorry, didn't mean to be rude, i just said it twice already and it is really frustrating that i can't get this to work.

really, all i do is copy your suggestions into the files. technically you see the events since those are your events but it does not work even remotely close to what it is supposed to do. and i am running out of options...

You probably have some conflicting events, or the doors have behaviours that arent right, or there is something wrong with the origins or the event sheet isn't connected to the layout, or.... etcetera..

Without seeing your events and/or a capx we'll never know..

The events posted were simple and should work..

Maybe you could create a new capx and try it to see If that works..

look, this is the code stripped down to the very basics, insertd into the template platformer:

htt ps://www.drop box.com/s/k81up6yroa zknou/door%20prob lem.capx?dl=0 (modified for plaintext)

i literally copied that from this forum, i don't know why it is so hard to believe that...

If you download the example on the first page you'll see that it works..

if you don't have the latest beta the download link is at the bottom of this page..

if you download my capx you will see that it DOES NOT work. at least not in my capx file...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I've modified my event to alway pick only nearest doors to the player.

that works!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

sorry for being an ass about this been on it for hours now. this does what i want

thanks and sorry again!

For each door

Do your distance check

I think that will fix everything hopefully.

Edit.

Didn't see there were more pages

Glad to see it was fixed haha

I've modified my event to alway pick only nearest doors to the player.

I'm sorry but I don't understand this image. Why do doors have platform behaviors and why are they simulating movement?

that function is basically the same as distance_to_point or point_distance used by yoyogames which i shall never speek of again, this time i really mean it, sorry scirra did not mean to bring a rival company's name into this topic... won't happen again...

> I've modified my event to alway pick only nearest doors to the player.

>

I'm sorry but I don't understand this image. Why do doors have platform behaviors and why are they simulating movement?

they don't, they have 8 way behavior and they simulate movement to move up and down, depending on where I need them^^

Using picking was mandatory, because a simple "Compare two values" does not pick anything, and it simply test the first door (IID = 0). Even worst, if the conditions were to be met, all doors would then open.

shinkan solution is indeed the best !

Try this

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)