How do I create an ingame shop?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • So I'm just started with construct 2 (obviously) and I have found it is an amazing program.. I've created better "games" in a few hours of working with it than I ever did whilst trying to program. Anyways.. though I did find some tutorials, not many included this feature of an ingame shop (and the one that did was a lot more complicated than it need to be) anyways I just wanted some critiques and tips on the shop I just coded for.

this is just for learning purposes, I know it doesn't really look like a game yet.

A couple of issues:

-When the "nose" animation is started it places the player back at the starting position...

-The money text doesn't look very good, not sure how to set it up differently (would just put it as scroll to rather than pin it to the player)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are your "nose" animation point and your "nose" object related?

• nope. because i destroyed the nose object I figured it was the easiest to create the animation rather than getting the nose object back to be pinned to the player in the perfect spot... but please, I am interested in other methods to achieve this same goal

• I like the add -1 to total money, looks much cooler than subtract 1 from total money..

I see no reason for the player going back to the starting position when playing the "nose" animation.

Are the origin points on your animations consistent?

The text-object is a dom element and isn't really that well equiped for animation/moving as canvas-rendered elements..

I would suggest using a spritefont-object for any ingame/moving text..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)