How do I create an auto generated map?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I wish to make a games that the background of the game randomly generate, example random generated map, or random generated level. So, after think in depth, it's something like Sokoban or Pipedream (80's game )

So very appreciate if some sifu here... can roughly/briefly tell me the idea how to setup the background. Thanks you so much.

* Add *

example my tile size is 1x1, and I am putting 100 x 1 x 1 of tile in my display.

I need to set for each of level/map, the Object A will auto set in certain tile randomly, not all....

Yeah, I think this is the best i can explain. hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks

• Search for "tile map creation". You should find a basic project somewhere.

• Search for "tile map creation". You should find a basic project somewhere.

Hi Xeed, Thanks for your reply.

However, I think it's not what I looking. Maybe need more explaination in my post. How to insert tile is not an issue...

• Actually you can'T explain creating how to randomly generate a map in short time.

First it depends how complex your world is. You need to make sure that your map is "valid".

For example when you have a 2D map of an world full of islands:

You need to ask whether a tile is part of the shore, is in the middle of the sea or land.

When you randomize everything, the computer still makes some crazy thinks like supertiny islands or islands with a very stupid shape. So you have to tell your computer the maximum/minimum size of an island.

And then you decide you also want rivers in your world of islands, which will be even more complicated.

So I think it's impossible to tell you how to do it. But I wouldnt do it with c2 but with a plugin.

• Actually you can'T explain creating how to randomly generate a map in short time.

First it depends how complex your world is. You need to make sure that your map is "valid".

For example when you have a 2D map of an world full of islands:

You need to ask whether a tile is part of the shore, is in the middle of the sea or land.

When you randomize everything, the computer still makes some crazy thinks like supertiny islands or islands with a very stupid shape. So you have to tell your computer the maximum/minimum size of an island.

And then you decide you also want rivers in your world of islands, which will be even more complicated.

So I think it's impossible to tell you how to do it. But I wouldnt do it with c2 but with a plugin.

Thanks for your information, I got the clue from you. BTW, which plugin is able to provide such a request?

• There's no plugin like that, cause there are different requirements for every randomly generated content. I suggest you try to write your own plugin

• There's no plugin like that, cause there are different requirements for every randomly generated content. I suggest you try to write your own plugin

erm...well, i am newbies

• A randomly generated map isnt that easy to make for a newbie. But not impossible

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was thinking this way, is that possible to make it, hope you guys tell me:

The map i divided into probably 9 blocks

each block has set of object example it might be sea, island, big island, oasis

So everytime a new level start, it randomly select from the class of object....

mean probably i need to create 9 set of classes which is a set of possble objects to be randomly pick

since 9 block x 9 classes with diff object, the random map can be a lot.....

• Yes it's possible.

Its even quite easy to pick different sets.

It's just hard to place them in a way in makes sense.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)