How do I ...create an AdMob Banner?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello all,

Im using C2 (r183) and I am having a problem creating an AdMob banner. I can create an interstitial just fine but no luck creating an AdMob banner. I spent 4 hours last night trying all different combinations of banner placement but no banner appears when I run the app on my phone (Android). I used 'banner on layout' but nothing shows.

Anyways, has anybody had any luck with creating and showing an AdMob banner?

Thanks all.

• I also tried with r184, but no luck.

The banner ad never appears in my game.

MAybe I should try a intertitial....

• Did you ad the admob banner Id? You have to make a banner ad on Admobs website first.

• Did you ad the admob banner Id? You have to make a banner ad on Admobs website first.

Yes - I added the banner specific ID # and no banner appears. If I use an interstitial specific ID # the interstitial does appear just fine.

Thanks.

• can you post a screenshot of the event then?

• can you post a screenshot of the event then?

Thanks for your attention. Though I have a feeling its a bug as others are reporting similar experiences.

[attachment=0:2h7vdj1s][/attachment:2h7vdj1s]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anyone? Still no luck for me with banners

• You need to build the game in something like intel XDK and install the resulting APK in order to see the test admob. In order to see the real admob you need to publish on GooglePlay first.

If you preview over wifi, or trough web html5, they just don't show.

• You need to build the game in something like intel XDK and install the resulting APK in order to see the test admob. In order to see the real admob you need to publish on GooglePlay first.

If you preview over wifi, or trough web html5, they just don't show.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, you don't have to publish to Google Play to see the AdMob ads. What you need to do is install the APK (after building in XDK) onto a device with an internet connection and then the ads should be served. There is no need to publish to GP first.

And therein lies my dilemma, I download to my device, install, and interstitial ads work fine but banners do not.

• You can check this tutorial

http://shatter-box.com/documentation/co ... r-android/

• You can check this tutorial

http://shatter-box.com/documentation/co ... r-android/

Thanks Andreas. The tutorial reflects what I did to display banners - they don't show.

I don't think its a matter of how I'm implementing the banners, its a matter that the banner ads don't work in r183 (or above). I think its a bug.

Has anybody successfully implemented a banner ad in r183 or above?

Thanks so much.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)