How do I create a sliding (opening) door

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I have my spirte ready and the Y position that I want the door to end up.

After the player destroys a simple object I want the door to head towards that position without simple "teleporting" by using set position.

The idea behind it is so easy, but yet I'm having trouble figuring it out. I used custom movement but it went towards that Y position and kept on going.

I tried Sine (which supposedly is the method) but no matter what I tried it just kept going up and down.

I am most likely missing something, but this is confusing me and I'd appreciate the help.

Requirement:

Object on Destroy: Move Door towards position in X amount of time.

• There are a few ways to do this.

Without using third party plugins using lerp would probably be your best choice, for it gives a smooth movement.

I think though that most people like to use the third party plugins litetween or moveto for these purposes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There are a few ways to do this.

Without using third party plugins using lerp would probably be your best choice, for it gives a smooth movement.

I think though that most people like to use the third party plugins litetween or moveto for these purposes.

Thank You.

I got my hands on litetween and was able to have the door I've had trouble with since last week to do what I needed in 3 seconds.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)