How do I create a simple BG toggle button?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Is there a simple way to create a button that opens a mini-menu of game background options a player can choose from? Think of it as a button that allows users to select a background scene from four seasons (winter, spring, summer, fall).

When clicked, I would like the button to:

• Display a small sample of other clickable backgrounds.
    • The user would then click from the sample background options to make that background active.
    • Backgrounds would not interact with any other sprites.

Has anyone put together something like this? If so, I could sure use your help. I'm a newb to Construct 2.

Also, if it's easier, the button could simply cycle through all possible backgrounds (in-position, at 100%).

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems fairly simple. Create a button that opens a new layer, or makes one visible on top of the game. Display the selectable background icons and then have logic on the event sheet such as if backgroundA is clicked, set the background to a frame that corresponds to backgroundA, if backgroundB is clicked, set the backgroundB to the next frame etc.

• Thanks, plinkie! I'll give it a shot right now and let you know how it goes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)