How do I Create a fire effect

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi guys I recently saw a picture of a fire example using particles how would i be able to create a nice effect just like this

I have been playing around and I just get a fire that looks like a load of orange dust pease help .

• I would just go with a seamless fire animation made in 3rd party software and import it back into Construct. Its actually 'lighter' on the CPU. If you insist in doing this via Particles plugin - make them spawn with random X offset, set grown rate to something below 0 (like e.g -16) + Destroy when fade out. To get different 'flame' color - apply 'yellow to orange' gradient tiledbg on top of it. All above with Addictive blend.

• I would just go with a seamless fire animation made in 3rd party software and import it back into Construct. Its actually 'lighter' on the CPU. If you insist in doing this via Particles plugin - make them spawn with random X offset, set grown rate to something below 0 (like e.g -16) + Destroy when fade out. To get different 'flame' color - apply 'yellow to orange' gradient tiledbg on top of it. All above with Addictive blend.

This was something I was wondering about. What is more taxing on CPU game performance: using Construct 2's effects/behaviors/plugins on sprites... OR importing an animated sprite that has the look of effects/behaviors/plugins?

• > I would just go with a seamless fire animation made in 3rd party software and import it back into Construct. Its actually 'lighter' on the CPU. If you insist in doing this via Particles plugin - make them spawn with random X offset, set grown rate to something below 0 (like e.g -16) + Destroy when fade out. To get different 'flame' color - apply 'yellow to orange' gradient tiledbg on top of it. All above with Addictive blend.

>

This was something I was wondering about. What is more taxing on CPU game performance: using Construct 2's effects/behaviors/plugins on sprites... OR importing an animated sprite that has the look of effects/behaviors/plugins?

The more GFX assets your project has the bigger the overall download and more VRAM being taken.

The more shaders/effects you use and the more objects you have on screen - the more CPU taxing the game becomes because Draw Calls requires more horse power. And high CPU usage = low FPS. Plus, if we are talking mobiles, most shaders doesn't work on them at all, on older devices.

As of Behaviors and plugins that's a totally different case and should never impact your CPU/GPU if they are done right. Well, with an exception of hardcore physics plugin usage

• Niespor I just get an effect that looks like dust im trying to make a pixel kind of flame like the one in the image have any ideas?

• Niespor I just get an effect that looks like dust im trying to make a pixel kind of flame like the one in the image have any ideas?

You need to be more specific

Do you need a wall of fire?

How wide you want it to be?

Do you want it seamless or not?

Do you want it to be pixalated like the given example or more realistic?

What colors?

Would you like the animation to be loopable or with start and end?

• would like it pixelated like the given example orange and different yellows like in the picture it will be loopable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > I would just go with a seamless fire animation made in 3rd party software and import it back into Construct. Its actually 'lighter' on the CPU. If you insist in doing this via Particles plugin - make them spawn with random X offset, set grown rate to something below 0 (like e.g -16) + Destroy when fade out. To get different 'flame' color - apply 'yellow to orange' gradient tiledbg on top of it. All above with Addictive blend.

> >

>

> This was something I was wondering about. What is more taxing on CPU game performance: using Construct 2's effects/behaviors/plugins on sprites... OR importing an animated sprite that has the look of effects/behaviors/plugins?

>

The more GFX assets your project has the bigger the overall download and more VRAM being taken.

The more shaders/effects you use and the more objects you have on screen - the more CPU taxing the game becomes because Draw Calls requires more horse power. And high CPU usage = low FPS. Plus, if we are talking mobiles, most shaders doesn't work on them at all, on older devices.

As of Behaviors and plugins that's a totally different case and should never impact your CPU/GPU if they are done right. Well, with an exception of hardcore physics plugin usage

OK. So let's try an example like 'dust' - the player LANDS on a platform and 'dust' kicks up from the player LANDING on the platform. Which would be more efficient for Construct 2 to have: the use of 'particles'/sprites with physics OR having the player sprite with a 'dust' landing animation?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)