How do I create a continuous runner platform

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • I want to create a runner platform that does not randomize the height or width of the platform, it's just one straight continuous path.

• Do you mean auto-runner or infinite platformer? You can refer to Construct 2 built-in templates, that should give you a clear idea to implement it.

• Yes that's exactly what I mean, but you know how the template creates random platform widths and heights? I just want one straight width and height for the entire game. I want to make the character run on one straight platform, let's say a street for example which doesn't have random lengths to it, it's just one long road. That's all, thanks if you can help me out!

• I just added a quick tweak to the auto-runner template to prevent it from creating random platforms, instead it should now has a continuous platform.

[attachment=0:pktn1dma][/attachment:pktn1dma]

• Thanks a lot Herks you really helped me out

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please note that I've not test the example extensively, I bet it will contain some nasty bugs

• Thanks for that, I did notice it had some jerky movements, Idk how to get rid of that, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

• Yeah, it's quite lag as the code creates block at origin point first, before setting its new position. Try the below code instead, it should fix the problem now.

[attachment=1:a8innx5o][/attachment:a8innx5o]

And here's the fixed capx:

[attachment=0:a8innx5o][/attachment:a8innx5o]

• :O You're the best man! Thanks so much!! This game is one step closer to being great because of you! Btw what anime you into?

• If I'm going to talk about this, it will eventually become an endless list

But NGNL, TK Ghoul, and AGK would be my favorites this year.

• My top for this year was, Shingeki no Kyojin, SAO, and HXH!

• Can you resend these Capx i cant get them. I am having the same trouble. I know this is very old

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)