How do I create a car with BOUNCY shocks?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hope you can help. I spent almost two hours on this but am stumped. I gotta be missing something silly.

I followed the tutorial and was able to create a vehicle with the wheels attached. It works great. No problem. I'm attaching a screenshot.

However... I'd like to attach front shocks and back shocks.. and make it really bouncy.. so when the vehicle hits a bump, you can really see the suspension go up and down.

Could somebody please let me know how to do it? I've been fiddling with the "physics revolute point" and the "create distance joint" but I CANNOT seem to figure out how to do it. Basically, I want to atttach the front shock to the front tire and front part of the vehicle... and the back shock to the back tire and back part of the vehicle... but cannot figure out how the heck to do it.

Could somebody possibly give me an example of the following parts put together:

1. car body

2. front tire

3. back tire

4. front shock

5. back shock

Thank you greatly in advance.

• .... u could do the events saying on collision of front of wheel with road bump lets say use force 5 at position yofwheel -5 if u want to do it the simple way

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'd really like to have the vehicle have suspension... so it looks more realistic... Plus.. I'd like to learn how to use the software better... Unfortunately, I still have NOT figured out how to do it...

I did find the following video showing a motorcycle in Construct 2 with GREAT shocks/etc. Here is the link:

It also provides a link to the capx file that I download. I downloaded the Capx. Here is the link that is provided in the Youtube description. That link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8heeur5fkqben8/Bike.rar

oh.... Here is the tutorial link:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/240/ph ... ike/page-1

Unfortunately, because I"m a novice, I STILL cannot figure out how to apply this impressive technique used in the above motorcycle sample and apply it to a simple car.... Hence, I now KNOW the answer is here, but I just can't figure out how to do it.. the motorcycle has toooooo many parts and confused the heck out of me.. but if somebody could apply this motorcycle technique and apply it to a car for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

• Check out the Chipmunk physics behavior.

Somewhere in the thread there is an example for spring shocks.

• Hmm.. I really don't mean to be difficult, but I really do not want to start incorporating even more stuff/behaviors/plugins into Construct 2. I'm already a novice and overwhelmed.. adding more stuff to the program will only confuse me further.

Based on the above tutorial with the motorcycle, I know there is a way to add shocks to a vehicle.. I just haven't figure out how yet... My quest continues.

I THINK what I do is I make the "shock" have elasticity in the behavior... <-- This works good. But I CANNOT figure out EXACTLY how to connect the shock to the back tire and a specific part of the back of the vehicle without things getting goofed up when the vehicle starts flipping over/etc.

I basically need to connect the top part of the shock using a specific "image point" to a specific "image point" on the back of the vehicle.. and the bottom part of the shock using a specific "image point" to the back wheel using an "image point" but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the "physics revolute joint." I also tried "pinning" the shock (which has elasticity) to the specific parts of the vehicle but it gets all screwed up... I'm stumped.

• I'm attaching my capx file... I'd say I'm about 75% there.. This car definitely has very bouncy shocks... but I still haven't figured it out entirely... I want the car to be able to spin around... but I had to select "prevent rotation" for the front and back shocks -- which is clearly WRONG.. but it was the only way I could get it to work -- kind of.

If somebody could take a look at this and see if they could make the car work properly, that would be great. You'll see how I got the front/back shocks to work.. but I KNOW I did something wrong.. I THINK I have to 'pin' it or something.. but I'm stumped at this point.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)