How do I copy and paste poligon of collision?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hey guys!

Do you know how to copy the poligon of collision of one specific animation to other in the same object? I tried right-clicking the poligon of collision i wanted to copy and select: Apply to all animations. It should've worked but it didn't, it does paste the poligon shape in the other animations but it doesn't respect the parameters of the initial poligon (when i select Apply to all animations, the other animations get a higher poligon of collision).

I'm working with glow effects on animations and i don't the game to see the glow as something the other objects can collide with (just the object inside). This way not triggering collision events as soons as other objects touch the glow.

This is probably very confusing, let me know if you want me to clarify anything please! (and sorry for any english mistake I may have made )

Thanks!

• Hey guys!

Do you know how to copy the poligon of collision of one specific animation to other in the same object? I tried right-clicking the poligon of collision i wanted to copy and select: Apply to all animations. It should've worked but it didn't, it does paste the poligon shape in the other animations but it doesn't respect the parameters of the initial poligon (when i select Apply to all animations, the other animations get a higher poligon of collision).

I'm working with glow effects on animations and i don't the game to see the glow as something the other objects can collide with (just the object inside). This way not triggering collision events as soons as other objects touch the glow.

This is probably very confusing, let me know if you want me to clarify anything please! (and sorry for any english mistake I may have made )

Thanks!

I just tested the 'Apply to all animations' option and it worked for me.

Just to clarify: you have a sprite, that has a number of different animations (such as walk, jump etc) and you set the first animations first frame to a certain collision polygon, then tried to apply it to every animation for that sprite?

If so, then it certainly should work - it does for me.

Any chance you can post your .capx for us to check for you?

• Exacly it didn't work for me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being the free edition.... hmmm, i'll have to try one thing and if doesn't work i'll send you the .capx, if it is ok for my brother (we'redoing the project together).

Anyway, atleast I know it should do as it is supposed to, thanks Zenox!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Exacly it didn't work for me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being the free edition.... hmmm, i'll have to try one thing and if doesn't work i'll send you the .capx, if it is ok for my brother (we'redoing the project together).

Anyway, atleast I know it should do as it is supposed to, thanks Zenox!

Please don't send me your work directly.

Either create a new .capx that highlights your problem, or if you're ok with it, then post the .capx url here. That way, many of the helpful users here will be able to assist.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)