How do I convert into New Layout

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Greetings there!! ^_^

So, i have made some nice UI, health bar, gold count etc etc -

However when i enter the 'next' area, (-> Go to Layout) - then None of it follows? All the layers are gone also, the ui is gone

and there is not even a character there unless i place it out in each layout?

Is there a way to just transfer everything in the first layout to the next? Health bar, mana bar, gold etc..?

And yes i made everything global in layers on the first layout, i still cant access any of them in the second.

• And yes i made everything global in layers on the first layout, i still cant access any of them in the second.

Did you make the layer itself global?

• Did you add that layout name (the layout with your UI, health bar, gold count etc etc -) to each layout?

• > And yes i made everything global in layers on the first layout, i still cant access any of them in the second.

>

Did you make the layer itself global?

Yes i made all my important layers global, they dont appear on the next layout ^_^

• Did you add that layout name (the layout with your UI, health bar, gold count etc etc -) to each layout?

To add a layout to each layout? Or do you mean layer? lol, yes my layers are global.

• Yes i made all my important layers global, they dont appear on the next layout ^_^

And you created in each new Layout a Layer with the exact name?

You will not see the objects of this Layer in the new Layouts in the Editor.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/85/layers

• Basically i have to recreate all my 10 layers on every layout? And set the UI one to global, but the rest.. I have to recreate all layers, right?

• Greaver

You have to create layers with the same name like the global layer in every layout. You only need an empty layer with the same name in every layer you want that global layer.

• Greaver

Don't confuse yourself.

Let's say you have 4 layers on main layout 1.

3) HUD

2) Explosions

1) Player

0)BG

That layer named HUD needs to be on every layout that you want it to show, regardless of how many layers the OTHER LAYOUTS have.

Layout Level 1:

3) HUD

2) Explosions

1) Player

0)BG

Layout Level 2:

4) HUD

3) Explosions

2) Boss

1) Player

0) BG

Layout Level 3:

5) HUD

4) Stars

3) FX

2) Mini-Boss

1) Player

0) BG

etc. etc.

• Greaver

Don't confuse yourself.

Let's say you have 4 layers on main layout 1.

3) HUD

2) Explosions

1) Player

0)BG

Wonderful explanation!! Thanks alot! It worked perfectly fine, the HUD goes through all layouts, EXCEPT when i go back to the first, and going back into the second layer will duplicate the HUD xD

• Check your code.

Make sure you don't have something like "On Start Of Latout" create hud objects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check your code.

Make sure you don't have something like "On Start Of Latout" create hud objects.

Fixed it! The HUD sprite had global on too, so it copied. xD now its good hoho, thanks alot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)