How do I convert a compressed file back to a .caproj file?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • So I was working on my game(https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure-games/duck-game-19996) and exporting it to upload to the Arcade, suddenly my computer turned off. When I got back into Construct 2 my project was gone. I have saved my game 3-4 minutes before. Now the only thing that remains its the version uploaded to the Arcade and the compressed .zip file of the same version. Any ideia on how to get the project file back again or do I need to start all over?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So I was working on my game (https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... game-19996) and suddenly my computer turned off. When I got back into Construct 2 my project was gone for no reason. I have saved my game 3-4 minutes before. Now the only thing that remains its the version uploaded to the Arcade and the compressed .zip file of the same version. Any ideia on how to get the project file back again or do I need to start all over?

It's impossible to convert an exported project back to the Event system, for obvious 'anti-piracy' reasons.

Did you have auto save and auto backup setup?

If so, there should be some files in the original folder location with the suffix .autosave and .backupN (where N = 1, 2, 3 etc). You can then just rename the suffix to .capx and they can be opened as usual. See HERE for further details.

If no backups, then unfortunately it's a hard, nasty lesson to have learnt regarding backing up your work - which we have all been subjected to at least once.

• I did not find this backup files :c

Anyway, I had the sprites and the "code" part wasn't very difficult to remember.

Thanks for the help, and for now on I shall have a backup for my game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)