How do I clean up unused instance variables.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Is there any quick and easy way to clean up unused instance variables? As the project progressed I've created tons of varables for testing purposes. Some sprites and families has loads of them, but are never used. A bit tideous to remove them all one by one by searching the event sheet if it's used or not. Is there any fast cleanup feature i've missed?

• Nope.

The only shortcut here is a good memory if it's used already or not.

Honestly though, I wouldn't really worry about a few vars hanging around - unless you've literally got hundreds/thousands of unused vars, it won't make a grain of sands difference to performance or project size. If it's more of just a case of being tidy for the sake of sanity - then yeah, have fun cross checking everything :/

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nope.

The only shortcut here is a good memory if it's used already or not.

Honestly though, I wouldn't really worry about a few vars hanging around - unless you've literally got hundreds/thousands of unused vars, it won't make a grain of sands difference to performance or project size. If it's more of just a case of being tidy for the sake of sanity - then yeah, have fun cross checking everything :/

~Sol

Yeah, it's basically just my OCD kicking in. Haha, I'm not worried about filesize or performance. But it just get a bit hard working after a while because i named them very similar in many cases. posX, Xpos, Xsort, Xvar, objectX, Xtest, testX and all other combinations you can think of. The biggest problem is remembering which was the actual one I was using. Lol.

So a nice little C2 cleanup functionality would be great. Things like "Delete unused instance variables, delete unused sprires" and things like that.

• We can all dream can't we? LOL

I agree... some kind of cleanup tool would be nice - a bazillion dollars would be nice too, haha xD

~Sol

• I find it much easier to keep track of stuff when you do paper n pen sort like a notebook back up where you can see what you did and you can draw a line in it to remember to delete it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)