How do I check "On collision with "All Solids"?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hello there, this seems like a simple problem, yet I have searched and cannot find an answer referring to Construct 2, only Classic.

Was this removed in Construct 2 (Attributes/Solids from the "On collision with object")? If not how do I use it, and if it was removed, must I put all my solids in a family and check the family instead?

Thank you!

• First you must put every coolision object in a familie and then:

Add event -> select the object -> "On collision with another object"-> choose coolision object

Read this:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/142/families

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello there, this seems like a simple problem, yet I have searched and cannot find an answer referring to Construct 2, only Classic.

Was this removed in Construct 2 (Attributes/Solids from the "On collision with object")? If not how do I use it, and if it was removed, must I put all my solids in a family and check the family instead?

Thank you!

Never used Classic but yes the Family option would do it and is the better option anyway IMO.

EyeForcz I think he wants a trigger whenever a sprite collides with 'any' solid object.

• codah thanks for correcting

• Thank you for the replies, I was referencing this post https://www.scirra.com/forum/destroy-single-instance-of-bullet-projectile_t70613.

So looks like using Families is the correct procedure in Construct 2? Id rather like a way to check for all solids other than using Families, or at least know if there is another way.

Thank you!

• I don't think there is another way besides making a condition for each object with a solid behavior. Hence using a family is best option.

One thing to note, if you have multiple objects with a behavior, and then add those objects to a family, you won't be able to use actions from those behaviors if you're referencing the family. You'd have to add the behavior to the family instead. Same for instance variables I think.

So if you plan on using lots of objects that share the same behavior, might be better to add the behavior to the family rather than the objects. Same goes for instance variables.

• So if you plan on using lots of objects that share the same behavior, might be better to add the behavior to the family rather than the objects. Same goes for instance variables.

IMO this is always true and one of the main reasons for having Families. In fact I'd go so far as to say if you have any instance vars or behaviours on an object, use a Family. Maybe a bit extreme for some

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)