How do I check if player is over a specific jumpthru object?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • I want to know if the player is over a specific object.

The player has platform behaviour, and the other objects has the jump-thru behaviour.

Thanks

• Use another invisible sprite on top of the platform and check for overlap.

• You can also check for an overlap at offset.

If player platform is overlapping jumpthru at, X=0 Y=4 (for instance) then (whatever action you're hoping for)

• You can also check for an overlap at offset.

If player platform is overlapping jumpthru at, X=0 Y=4 (for instance) then (whatever action you're hoping for)

Yup that works too but I was thinking if you create an invisible sprite to check overlap you could use it for many platforms that might be at different positions on the screen so no writing additional events to check overlap at offset.

It is just something I use a lot in platformers and blank sprite triggers are very convenient.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use another invisible sprite on top of the platform and check for overlap.

thanks, good idea

• > You can also check for an overlap at offset.

>

> If player platform is overlapping jumpthru at, X=0 Y=4 (for instance) then (whatever action you're hoping for)

>

Yup that works too but I was thinking if you create an invisible sprite to check overlap you could use it for many platforms that might be at different positions on the screen so no writing additional events to check overlap at offset.

It is just something I use a lot in platformers and blank sprite triggers are very convenient.

I get the feeling code will be necessary regardless. I suggested the overlap at offset to avoid collision checks. Whatever's clever though - if it doesn't impact performance for OP then it's moot.

• Overlap at offset +1

If you will expand your game and will have multiple objects with "sensors" - it will be hell to set them one by one.

Better to put the kinds of objects you want to "sense" in a family and make one "Overlap at offset" condition on the family to cover all the possible future expansions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)